Recipe by Karen=^..^=
I found this on the Betty Crocker website, looking for light version of my favorite holiday goodies!
Top Review by 122874
This pie was TERRIFIC! It was delicious and I loved not making a crust. In a pinch, I learned that there is an emergency replacement for evaporated milk (reconstitute non-fat dry milk, but reconstitute with only 60% of the required water). I used fresh lemon zest, as I didn't have an orange. This recipe was immediately labeled a family favorite. It smelled so good coming out of the oven, we ate a piece while it was warm. Thank you for a wonderful recipe!
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 (12 ounce) can fat-free evaporated milk
- 3 egg whites or 1⁄2 cup egg substitute
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup Gold Medal all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
Brown Sugar Topping ingredients
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, softened
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Spray pie plate, 10x1 1/2 inches, with cooking spray.
- Make Brown Sugar Topping by combining topping ingredients.
- Place pie ingredients in blender or food processor in order listed.
- Cover and blend on medium speed until smooth.
- Pour into pie plate and sprinkle with topping.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 15 minutes, then refrigerate about 4 hours or until chilled.