Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is an older recipe from a church cookbook. It's a nice, quick cheesecake recipe....just no crust or springform pan!
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- fresh fruit or pie filling, for topping*
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease (or spray w/ nonstick cooking spray) a 10-inch pie dish.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together cream cheese, eggs, 1/2 cup sugar and vanilla until creamy. Pour into greased pie dish. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and cool for about 10 minutes (Don't turn off oven). In a small bowl, mix together sour cream and 3 Tbsp sugar---pour on top of pie.
- Return to 350 degree oven for additional 10 minutes. Cool 1 hour then chill. May top with fresh fruit or pie filling.
I used a Door County Wisconsin cherry pie filling for the topping. It was very, very delicious!! Very easy and quick too!