Recipe by Sureglad
I adapted this recipe when I was "watching my carbs". I get more raves than when I used a crust!
Top Review by cheerindy
I wasn't sure what to expect from a crustless quiche, but I didn't have any premade crusts in the house, so I decided to go for it. It was good, but not fabulous. I think I liked it more than my hubby did. If I were to make this again, I think I would add some dill to the egg mixture and maybe some sliced mushrooms, green peppers, etc. Maybe even something to give it a little "kick" like a few red pepper flakes. Just felt like it was "missing something" but overall a good recipe.
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces flaked crabmeat (real or imitation)
- 1 cup milk
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9-inch pie pan with cooking spray. Mix together the milk, eggs, flour, salt, pepper, and green onions.
- Arrange the cheese evenly over the bottom of the pie pan.
- Top with the crab meat.
- Pour the egg mixture evenly over the cheese and crab.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.