Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
I adapted this recipe when I was "watching my carbs". I get more raves than when I used a crust!
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces flaked crabmeat (real or imitation)
- 1 cup milk
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9-inch pie pan with cooking spray. Mix together the milk, eggs, flour, salt, pepper, and green onions.
- Arrange the cheese evenly over the bottom of the pie pan.
- Top with the crab meat.
- Pour the egg mixture evenly over the cheese and crab.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
I wasn't sure what to expect from a crustless quiche, but I didn't have any premade crusts in the house, so I decided to go for it. It was good, but not fabulous. I think I liked it more than my hubby did. If I were to make this again, I think I would add some dill to the egg mixture and maybe some sliced mushrooms, green peppers, etc. Maybe even something to give it a little "kick" like a few red pepper flakes. Just felt like it was "missing something" but overall a good recipe.
This was so simple and so tasty! I'm not a fan of crab, and I had a tin of Salmon so I used that instead with leeks rather than green onions. Yummy and good for you. Thanks!
Great quiche, and you don't even miss the crust that much. Didn't have green onions, so I subed onions instead. Worked out well! This comes together very fast and was hubby approved! Thanks for sharing!!