1/1 Photo of No Crust Cornmeal/Polenta Vegetable Pie
Elise and family's Note:
Not exactly a pie . . . but looks like one once served, and is much lower in fat and much easier to make! Serve with ketchup - it's the magic ingredient to make the flavours come alive. (I imagine other vegetables would work just as well, or spices too. Please share your experiments!) I follow the directions for preparing cornmeal found on the back of the bag. I use CLIC brand, Polenta #250. I see some types of cornmeal may need to be prepared differently.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook onion in olive oil until just tender, in a large round pot with a lid.
- 2Add curry paste and mix well.
- 3Add chopped carrot and cook on medium heat until carrot is tender or even lightly browned.
- 4Add water and peas.
- 5Bring to a boil.
- 6Add sugar.
- 7Boil for 2 minutes.
- 8Add cornmeal.
- 9Stir and remove from heat once thick (about 30 seconds).
- 10Cover and let sit 10 minutes.
- 11Cut into pie-slice-shaped pieces, and serve with ketchup. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for No Crust Cornmeal/Polenta Vegetable Pie
Serving Size: 1 (324 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 492.6
- Calories from Fat 145
- Total Fat 16.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 92.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.6 g
- Sugars 14.5 g
- Protein 12.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mild curry paste