Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Not exactly a pie . . . but looks like one once served, and is much lower in fat and much easier to make! Serve with ketchup - it's the magic ingredient to make the flavours come alive. (I imagine other vegetables would work just as well, or spices too. Please share your experiments!) I follow the directions for preparing cornmeal found on the back of the bag. I use CLIC brand, Polenta #250. I see some types of cornmeal may need to be prepared differently.
- Cook onion in olive oil until just tender, in a large round pot with a lid.
- Add curry paste and mix well.
- Add chopped carrot and cook on medium heat until carrot is tender or even lightly browned.
- Add water and peas.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add sugar.
- Boil for 2 minutes.
- Add cornmeal.
- Stir and remove from heat once thick (about 30 seconds).
- Cover and let sit 10 minutes.
- Cut into pie-slice-shaped pieces, and serve with ketchup. Enjoy!
Sorry, but this just didn't work out well. It tasted good, I used onion, green and red bell pepper, mushrooms, corn and black beans. I left out the sugar and added cumin. But the cornmeal, after the 10 minutes of standing time, was gloppy. I transferred it to a casserole dish and baked at 400 for about 20 minutes. This dried it out a bit, and browned the top. The idea is good, but it needs some adjustment.