Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
My step-mother makes THE BEST cheesecake I have ever tasted. I thought I would share the recipe. It is time consuming but very worth it in the end.
- 4 (8 ounce) containers whipped cream cheese
- 5 eggs
- 1⁄4 lb unsalted butter (1 stick)
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons vanilla
- Let cream cheese, sour cream, butter and eggs stand at room temperature for approximately 1 hour.
- Blend cream cheese, butter and sour cream together, then add the cornstarch, sugar, vanilla, and lemon juice.
- Beat on"whip" speed until very well blended.
- Beat in one egg at a time until the entire mixture is very smooth.
- Pour mixture into a greased 9 1/2 inch spring pan.
- Place pan into a large roasting pan half filled with water.
- Bake at 375 degrees for one hour or until top is golden brown.
- Turn off oven and let cake cool with oven door open for one hour.
- Let stand at room temperature for two more hours and then cover and refrigerate for at least six more hours.