Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Great with a salad for lunch. Reheats very well. Don't replace the swiss, and don't forget the parmesan/mayo topping. Trust me, they MAKE the dish!
- 16 ounces broccoli florets, cooked
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 1 (14 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces swiss cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a medium bowl, combine broccoli, eggs, milk and spices.
- Spray a shallow 2 quart casserole (or 2 pie plates) with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pour egg mixture into casserole and sprinkle with swiss cheese.
- Bake 35 minutes, or until a knife, inserted in the center, comes out clean.
- In a small bowl combine mayonnaise and parmesan cheese.
- Spread over the quiche and return to the oven.
- Bake until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to set for 10-15 minutes.
Very yummy recipe. I baked it in my13x9 dish. I used a cheese blend and only added salt and pepper. I added about 1 tsp of kosher salt but I think i will add more next time. It was very easy to make. If you bake it in a 13x9 it will speed up the cooking time to about 20 minutes. I also served it with some country potatoes. the DH loved it.
Great recipe! I did make some changes though just because I did not have any broccoli or swiss. Instead, I used cut up ham and pepper jack cheese. It came out awesome! The pepper jack cheese gave the dish a nice kick!
I personally think this dish would taste better with the cheese incorperated into the dish, and a more flavorful cheese such as sharp cheddar. Probably more than 1/2 cup also. Seasonings are of course a personal taste but I felt this needed more seasoning. This is a very easy dish to perpare but not something I would make again.