Recipe by Evan Edstrom
Easy to make pie that is delicious and healthy. No crust means you get the wonderful pie flavor and lots of fresh fruit without all the butter. A custard like base makes it incredibly easy to make and serve. Most any kind of berry can be used including blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries. Omit the crumble topping for an even healthier pie. Perfect for a summer day.
Top Review by kotanmj
Made it exactly to the recipe and it came out delicious! What an easy way to make a fabulous dessert. The filling was superb and the topping was full of flavor. The first time I made it I omitted the topping but the second time I included it. Nice crunch! I really like the custard-y texture of the filling. It is so much better than simply a blueberry crumble. Not too sweet, just right. I used my counter-top Cuisinart Convection/Toaster Oven and reduced baking time just a bit (5-10 minutes) and it was just right.
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup vanilla Greek yogurt (regular yogurt can be substituted)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 12 ounces blueberries (fresh berries preferred or thaw frozen, can use raspberries, blackberries, or similar)
- 3⁄4 cup graham cracker, finely crushed (about 5 crackers)
- 1⁄8 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F, lightly grease 9-inch pie pan with nonstick spray (glass preferred).
- In a medium bowl: mix flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl: whisk together eggs, milk, yogurt, vanilla extract, and almond extract.
- Add flour mixture to wet mixture, whisk to combine. Mixture should be smooth without clumps.
- Gradually add blueberries to mixture and gently stir to coat berries.
- Pour into pie pan and bake pie in oven for 30-40 minutes at 350F (Stop after 20 minutes to add topping, if desired).
- (Optional topping) While pie is baking, finely crush graham crackers in a bowl. Add sugar and cinnamon and mix well. Melt butter in microwave and slowly pour over graham cracker mixture as you stir. Butter should coat entire mixture and clump together.
- (Optional topping) After 20 minutes in the oven, remove pie and evenly distribute graham cracker mixture over the top. Increase oven temperature to 375F to help brown topping.
- Put back in oven and bake for remaining 10-20 minutes, or until knife inserted into center of pie comes out fairly clean except for juices from berries.
- Let cool, serve, and enjoy.