1/1 Photo of No Crust Apple Pie
This is a delicious apple pie without a bottom crust. It has a brown sugar crumble on top and very good. This pie was devoured by the three of us at one sitting, so I will make two next time. Southern Living
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cooking apples, peeled, cored, and cut into eights
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
FOR THE CRUMBLE
- 1Combine 6 or 7 large cooking apples with the sugar, water, cinnamon, ground allspice in a large saucepan; bring to a boil.
- 2(I also add fresh grated nutmeg and a squeeze of lemon juice.)
- 3Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 8 to 10 minutes or until apples are almost tender.
- 4Spoon mixture into a deep-dish 9-inch pie-plate.
- 5Combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt; cut in butter with a pastry blender or use finger tips until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- 6(Next time I will use only 1/8 tsp of salt in the crumble.).
- 7Crumble brown sugar mixture over apples.
- 8Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes or until top is browned.
- 9Serve with ice cream, if desired.
- 10Yield: one 9-inch pie.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for No Crust Apple Pie
Serving Size: 1 (369 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 426.7
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 22.9 mg
- Sodium 275.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 88.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 66.7 g
- Protein 2.4 g