1/1 Photo of No-Cream Alfredo Sauce
Deb's Recipes's Note:
I make my alfredo sauce with evaporated milk from the pantry instead of fresh cream from the supermarket. My family enjoys this convenient and delicious sauce often. They claim to like it even better than restaurant alfredo sauce! I hope you'll also enjoy it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Shake together powdered and evaporated milks; set aside.
- 2Melt butter in medium saucepan; stir in flour to make a roux; cook until bubbly.
- 3Gradually whisk evaporated milk into the roux; cook sauce over medium heat, stirring, until bubbly.
- 4Reduce heat; add parmesan cheese and garlic salt; stir until melted.
- 5Thin sauce to desired consistency by stirring in up to one half cup milk.
- 6Add optional mushrooms and/or chicken pieces; heat through and serve over hot pasta.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for No-Cream Alfredo Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (139 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 280.0
- Calories from Fat 183
- Total Fat 20.4 g
- Saturated Fat 12.6 g
- Cholesterol 63.8 mg
- Sodium 390.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 12.4 g