Prep 2 mins
Cook 3 mins
I make my alfredo sauce with evaporated milk from the pantry instead of fresh cream from the supermarket. My family enjoys this convenient and delicious sauce often. They claim to like it even better than restaurant alfredo sauce! I hope you'll also enjoy it.
- Shake together powdered and evaporated milks; set aside.
- Melt butter in medium saucepan; stir in flour to make a roux; cook until bubbly.
- Gradually whisk evaporated milk into the roux; cook sauce over medium heat, stirring, until bubbly.
- Reduce heat; add parmesan cheese and garlic salt; stir until melted.
- Thin sauce to desired consistency by stirring in up to one half cup milk.
- Add optional mushrooms and/or chicken pieces; heat through and serve over hot pasta.
Good recipe for a lower fat alfredo but I found the sauce to be a bit sticky tasting. But, it still was yummy for a quick meal.
Great recipe!! I tripled this for company tonight and served with pasta, grilled chicken, and sauteed mushrooms. One of the guests couldn't get enough of it and said it reminded him of some Italian restaurant he likes. Will definitely be making this again!
This was good in a pinch. I thought I had some alfredo sauce and when I went to make my "usual" sauce, I didn't have any cream. I followed the recipe exactly as written but I didn't add any of the optional ingredients but used it in Easy Pasta Con Broccoli