Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Another recipe from the "Nursing Archives" at my hospital. One thing about nurses, we know good food! We have a pot luck every now and then and this was a big hit. The crunchy vegetables taste so good over a layer of cream cheese. The variation served at our weekend potluck used the crescent roll dough.
- 1 (16 ounce) prebaked italian pizza dough (like Boboli)
- 1⁄2 cup garden vegetable cream cheese spread (low fat flavored cream cheese works well too)
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 cup of small chopped broccoli floret
- 1⁄2 cup of chopped cucumber
- 1⁄2 cup of chopped yellow bell peppers or 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh herbs (such as dill,chives, basil, or parsley)
- In a small bowl, mix cream cheese and milk.
- Spread mixture over pizza crust.
- Top with vegetables and sprinkle with herbs.
- To serve, cut into wedges.
- *Note*if ready made pizza crust is not available, you may use two tubes of crescent roll dough and form a crust in a rectangular baking pan and bake until golden brown.
- Allow to cool and continue with directions above.
- This variation is also very good.