Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe came with an RCW Ice cream freezer bought in 1989. It has been a family favorite ever since! This makes approx. four quarts of ice cream.
- 4 eggs
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 29.58 ml vanilla
- 236.59 ml whipping cream
- 2 (793.78 g) can sweetened condensed milk (Eagle Brand)
- 1419.0 ml whole milk
- 1.23 ml salt
- Combine eggs, cream sugar, salt, and vanilla in bowl and mix thoroughly with mixer.
- Pour into ice cream freezer bowl, add the sweetened condensed milk and stir well.
- Add enough whole milk to go to the fill line on your ice cream freezer bowl and stir.
- Follow the directions on your ice cream freezer to freeze the ice cream.
I had to deviate from the recipe. Now that pasteurized eggs are available, I see no reason to play Russian Roulette with salmonella. That is my change. Having said that, the ice cream started out fabulous and only got better the next morning after seasoning in the deep freeze. I am thinking o af lower carbohydrate version. I hope to report on that in the coming weeks.
This is the easiest recipe ever. I use 6 eggs, 1/2 vanilla bean and 3 Tbsp of vanilla. My son the self proclaimed " Ice Cream Bandit" can't get enough of it, I made on Thanksgiving for first time with Oreo Cookies, second batch had expresso powder, kaluha, oreo and almond roca pieces. Needless to say it didn't last! Making Egg nog now, just replaced milk with a quart of egg nog added 7tbsp whipped vodka and a shake of cinnamon/nutmeg! Can't wait!