Recipe by KathyP53
This is a summer favorite at my house, especially on those beastly humid southern Missouri days. Easy and delicious.
- 2 lbs ripe tomatoes, cored and cut into 1/2-inch dice (3 large or 4 medium)
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup rough chopped fresh flat leaf parsley or 1⁄3 cup fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh thyme leave
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- COmbine all imgredients in a non-reactive bowl large enough to hold the tomatoes and the cooked pasta; mix well. Let sauce stand at room temperature for at least 30 minutes and up to 3 hours.
- Toss the sauce with just cooked pasta. Adjust the seasonings to taste with salt and pepper and serve immediately.