Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Recipe from Good Housekeeping magazine. Healthy, simple, and delicious. Perfect for a hot summer evening.
- 2 limes
- 3 tablespoons less-sodium fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 (10 ounce) bagromaine mixed salad greens
- 1 seedless cucumber, cut lengthwise in half, then thinly sliced crosswise
- 8 ounces deli-sliced roast beef, cut into strips
- 1⁄2 cup of fresh mint
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- From limes, grate 1 tsp peel and squeeze 3 tbsp juice.
- In small bowl, prepare dressing: combine peel and juice, fish sauce,and sugar; stir until sugar is dissolved.
- In large bowl combine romaine salad mix, sliced cucumber, roast beef, cilantro, mint, and onion.
- Add dressing to bowl and toss to combine. Divide salad among 4 dinner plates.
Wow! This is the first Thai recipe I've ever tried. It has a rather pungent fragrance, but is very light and refreshing. I made it exactly as written except I used regular fish sauce because I couldn't find less-sodium version even in the Asian market. It came out fine! Very nice combo of flavors and textures. We'll be eating this again! Thanks, Chef Romie. Made for Pick A Chef Spring 2008.