1/1 Photo of *no Cook Summer Pasta
I found this recipe in a 2000 In Style magazine. We make this a LOT at my house in the hot weather. The only cooking you have to do is boiling water. You will need a food proccesor or a blender for this one. Delicious and healthy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup basil, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 lb fettuccine
- 1/2 cup grated romano cheese
- 1/4 cup pine nuts (toasted)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1Start by toasting your pine nuts. Use a dry skillett and put pine nuts on over low heat. Do NOT move away from the pan because they can burn easily. Keep moving them around until they are golden and their aroma becomes strong. Remove from heat and set aside.
- 2In a blender or bowl of food proccesor combine basil, garlic, vinegar, parsley, and lemon juice.
- 3With the machine running slowly add olive oil until thick.
- 4Add tomatoes and blend 5 seconds.
- 5Place sauce in a large bowl and set aside.
- 6Cook pasta according to directions on package, drain.
- 7Optional; put back in hot pot and add a tablespoon of butter. Toss to coat.
- 8Add pasta to sauce. Add cheese and toss. Sprinkle pine nuts on top.
- 9Serve hot or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for *no Cook Summer Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (240 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 559.2
- Calories from Fat 238
- Total Fat 26.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 88.6 mg
- Sodium 269.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 18.9 g