Recipe is from Karo Sweet and simple recipe Cookbook 1992. Notes on No Cook Jams: Since no cook jams require no heat processing, they are more brightly colored, fruitier and fresher tasting than cooked fruit jams. Use firm, fully ripe, unblemished fruit. Chop quickly in small quantities using a blender, food processor or grinder. (to prevent some fruits like peaches, pears, and apricots from darkening, add lemon juice.) Corn syrup enhances fresh fruit flavor and blend easily. Freezer jams can be made with any fruit except fresh pineapple. Blueberries are best used as a secondary fruit in a combination.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a blender or food processor finely chop strawberries.
- 2Measure 3¼ cups.
- 3I a 4-quart bowl combine measured fruit and lemon juice.
- 4Slowly add pectin stirring vigorously.
- 5Set aside 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 6Add corn syrup; stir until well combined.
- 7Gradually stir in sugar until dissolved.
- 8Ladle into ½ pint freezer jars or containers, leaving ½ inch head space; cover tightly.
- 9Refrigerate jams to be used in 2 to 3 weeks; freeze up to 1 year.
- 10•Peach or Nectarine Jam: Omit strawberries.
- 11Peel and pit about 2½ pounds ripe peaces or nectarines.
- 12Finely chop in blender or food processor.
- 13Measure 3¼ cups; continue as above.
- 14•Apricot Jam: Omit strawberries.
- 15Peel and pit about 3 pounds ripe apricots.
- 16Finely chop in blender or food processor.
- 17Measure 3¼ cups; continue as above.
- 18•Apricot raspberry jam: Omit strwaberries.
- 19Peel and pit 1½ pounds ripe apricots.
- 20Finely chop in blender or food processor.
- 21Measure 2 cups.
- 22Fully crush about 1 to 2 pints ripe raspberries.
- 23Measure 1½ cups.
- 24Combine with measured apricots; continue as above.
- 25•Sweet Cherry Jam: Omit strawberries.
- 26Pit about 2½ pounds ripe sweet cherries.
- 27Finely chop in blender or food processor.
- 28Measure 3¼ cups; continue as above.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for No-Cook Strawberry Jam
Serving Size: 1 (2511 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1254.4
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 84.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 326.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 261.4 g
- Protein 2.0 g