Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe comes from REAL SIMPLE magazine Aug 2009 and is in their no cook section for the month. This salad is simple yet tasty. My guests gobbled it up and my family loved it. I use the dressing on other salads now too. It also can be used on sandwiches and as a marinade. Enjoy! ChefDLH
- 2 small boston lettuce, heads (torn into pieces)
- 12 ounces deli roast beef (sliced)
- 1 large beefsteak tomato (cut into wedges)
- 1⁄2 red onion (sliced)
- 4 ounces soft fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Divide the lettuce, roast beef, tomato, onion, and goat cheese among bowls or arrange on a platter.
- In a small bowl whisk together the oil, vinegar, mustard, the 1/2 teaspoon salt and the 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Drizzle dressing over the salad.
Thoroughly enjoyed this salad for dinner. I used leftover steak, thinly sliced, and also added a pinch of sugar to the dressing. Thanks for posting.
Perfect for a light meal! The dressing is a wonderful match for the salad ingredients. I added a pinch of sugar to the dressing, but otherwise stuck to the recipe. Leftover steak (cut into strips) would work well, if you had no deli beef. Thanx for an awesome salad!!!