1/2 Photos of No-Cook Protein Bars
1 hr 10 mins
From "Recipes for a Six Pack" by Oxygen Magazine. Cook time is freezing time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups dry oatmeal
- 2 scoops chocolate whey protein powder
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds or 2 tablespoons hemp seeds, finely ground
- 1 cup powdered nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/2 cup natural-style peanut butter
- 1/2 cup water (more or less, depending on the protein powder)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup raisins (or other dried fruit)
- 1Spray an 8 x 8-inch square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- 2In a large bowl, combine the oatmeal, whey powder,flax seeds and nonfat dry milk; mix together.
- 3In a separate bowl, whisk together the peanut butter,water and vanilla. Add the peanut butter mixture to the dry ingredients and stir to form a sticky dough. Stir or knead in the raisins.
- 4Using wet hands or a rubber spatula sprayed with cooking spray, spread the mixture evenly into the prepared pan.
- 5Freeze for one hour or refrigerate for several hours, until the mixture is firm enough to cut.
- 6Cut into nine squares. Wrap individually and store in your refrigerator to grab on your way out the door.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for No-Cook Protein Bars
Serving Size: 1 (65 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 221.3
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 2.6 mg
- Sodium 76.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 13.2 g
- Protein 10.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chocolate whey protein powder