Recipe by FLKeysJen
From "Recipes for a Six Pack" by Oxygen Magazine. Cook time is freezing time.
Top Review by J-Lynn
I give this recipe 3 stars for the wonderful ingredients, but the flavor is only just tolerable. We only had vanilla whey protein powder, so maybe the chocolate really adds a lot. I was pleased that this recipe had no added sweeteners, but next time I am going to have to try decreasing the water and adding some honey for flavor.
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 1⁄2 cups dry oatmeal
- 2 scoops chocolate whey protein powder
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds or 2 tablespoons hemp seeds, finely ground
- 1 cup powdered nonfat dry milk powder
- 1⁄2 cup natural-style peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup water (more or less, depending on the protein powder)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (or other dried fruit)
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray an 8 x 8-inch square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the oatmeal, whey powder,flax seeds and nonfat dry milk; mix together.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the peanut butter,water and vanilla. Add the peanut butter mixture to the dry ingredients and stir to form a sticky dough. Stir or knead in the raisins.
- Using wet hands or a rubber spatula sprayed with cooking spray, spread the mixture evenly into the prepared pan.
- Freeze for one hour or refrigerate for several hours, until the mixture is firm enough to cut.
- Cut into nine squares. Wrap individually and store in your refrigerator to grab on your way out the door.