- 1 3⁄4 cups crushed strawberries
- 1⁄2 cup well drained, canned crushed pineapple
- 4 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 packet Certo
- 1⁄4 cup dark rum (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place strawberries and pineapple in a large bowl.
- Add sugar to fruit and mix well.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
- Stir in pectin and lemon juice.
- Continue to stir until sugar is mostly dissolved.
- Pour into clean jars or containers like rubbermaid or ziploc.
- Leave 1 1/2 inches head space for expansion.
- Let stand at room temp up to 24 hours to get a"set".
- Store in freezer up to 1 year, keep in the fridge for up to 3 weeks.