Recipe by Justmez2
You will have to hide these jars for a week to keep family out! Goes great with salad, hamburgers, or any meal. For more ZING!leave one small jalapeño pepper with seeds, cutting small slits to release flavor. IIIIIIIIEEEEEEE!!!!!
- 2 -3 large onions, sliced ring separated
- 12 carrots, sliced
- 2 bell peppers, chopped chunky
- 1 lb jalapeno pepper, de-seeded
- 3 cucumbers, peeled and sliced
- 8 bay leaves, 2 per jar
- 12 garlic cloves, 3 per jar
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄3 white vinegar or 1⁄3 red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon canola oil or 1⁄4 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
Directions See How It's Made
- I recycle using clean glass quart jars from Classico Spaghetti or Mayo-run through dishwasher let cool totally.
- Add salt first.
- Fill each jar in layers of onions, carrots, and bell peppers.
- Drop in 1 bay leaf, and 3 garlic cloves.
- Slice each jalapeño pepper in half, carefully remove seeds (wear gloves).
- Place 6-8 slices for a layer.
- Repeat veggies in layers.
- Pour water, then vinegar red or white, and oil.
- Seal lid on tightly.
- Place in refrigerator for at least a week.
- After three days invert jars.
- As veggies disappear more can be added to liquid.
- Keep refrigerated.