Prep 4 mins
Cook 0 mins
Here's a super easy way to make overnight oatmeal. This kind is to be eaten cold, and all it takes is a stir and refrigeration. This recipe is great for people like me who don't like milk. The milk really seeps into the oats overnight, so you can't taste it much. -Recipe is taken from a vegetarian cookbook written for college students
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup soymilk or 1 cup dairy milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 1 cup fresh fruit
- Put oats, cinnamon, milk and raisins in a bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate while you're asleep.
- In the morning, cut up fresh fruit and add to the mix!
It's nearly noon here, Jane...WAKE UP!! Here...eat this! Added chia seeds and loved it.
I also add a dollop of yogurt and some nuts to make this a complete breakfast