Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Found this in a weekly Jewish newspaper. Cooking time is cooling time.
- 7 matzohs
- 1⁄2 lb butter, melted
- 7 ounces brown sugar
- 2 ounces cocoa powder
- 2 ounces raisins, soaked in
- 1 tablespoon sweet red wine
- Crumble the matzohs.
- Add brown sugar, cocoa and soaked raisins to the melted, slightly cooled butter.
- Add this to the crumbled matzohs. Mix well.
- Divide the "batter" into two 9-inch springforms or aluminum forms.
- Press the batter in order to get a flat and smooth surface.
- Refrigerate for several hours.
This was so good. I just love it when chocolate and raisins go together, and the sweet red wines was so good in this recipe. Thanks for a great recipe.