Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I have been trusted with a box of my grandmothers handwritten recipes. This one is dates 1961. I have not made this yet, I am posting it there for safe keeping. Cooking time is chilling time. Original recipe is from a Mrs Val Hayden of Brisbane Qld Australia.
- Melt the butter.
- Crush the biscuits finely.
- Mix all the ingredients in a medium sized bowl.
- Add more condenced milk if necessary.
- Press into a brownie tin (15x20cm), greased.
- Chill until set.
- Cover with lemon icing.
- Place the icing sugar, lemon juice and butter in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Top slice with extra coconut.
- Keep in the fridge.
- Keeps for upto 4 days.