This is a great make-ahead frosting which can be refrigerated up to 2 weeks or frozen up to 3 months. Makes enough frosting for 2-8", 2-9" or 1 - 13x9 cake. Cook time includes cooling time.
- In a bowl mix together the powdered sugar and cocoa.
- Add the butter, boiling water and vanilla.
- Beat with mixer at low speed until combined.
- Beat at medium speed for 1 minute.
- Cool for 20-30 minutes or until spreading consistency.
- Can refrigerate, covered for up to 2 weeks.
- Before using let stand at room temperature about 3 hours or until spreadable.
- OR place in a moisute and vapor-proof container; seal, label and freeze for up to 3 months.
- Before using, thaw and let stand until spreadable.