Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Unfortunately I did not include where I copied this recipe from when I wrote it out on a scrap piece of paper. Probably out of a magazine in somebody's office. I have not tried yet since our tomato crop past harvest was almost nil.
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 anchovy fillets or 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 3 cups seeded chopped tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup black olives, pitted and chopped
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 lb hot cooked pasta
- Make paste with the garlic and anchovy.
- Toss with rest of ingredients and let stand 10 minutes.
- Add to hot cooked pasta.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
Good dish. I used whole wheat spaghetti, anchovy fillets, dried oregano and probably a little more EVOO than called for. We enjoyed it although next time I will try kalamata olives to give it some more flavour. Maybe some sun dried tomatoes and artichoke hearts too. I just found this a little too bland as it is. It is a nice light dish tho and good for a side dish as is. Thanks for poting.