Prep 35 mins
Cook 0 mins
Freezer Jam is a great option for fresh berries in the summer. Last year I tried this quick and easy No-Cook Freezer Jam recipes with strawberries, blueberries and peaches, and was pretty please with the results. For more traditional jams, just follow the directions on the pectin packets or use your favorite recipe.
- 4 cups mashed fruit
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar (the granulated kind for baking) or 1 1⁄2 cups Splenda sugar substitute (the granulated kind for baking)
- 5 tablespoons ball brand real fruit instant pectin (Make sure you're using INSTANT pectin for this recipe)
- Wash and mash your fruit - about 2 pounds makes about 4 cups of fruit. If you like your jam with chunks of fruit you can do it by hand with a potato masher, but I just gave it a whirl in my food processor -super easy!
- In a separate bowl, briskly whisk 1 1/2 cups of sugar and 5 tablespoons of pectin.
- Add the mashed fruit to the pectin/sugar mixture and stir for 3 minutes making sure to scrape sides and bottom of bowl. (I did all the whisking/mixing in my Kitchen Aid with the whisk attachment - again, super easy!).
- Pour into clean containers that can freeze (glass jars or plastic freezer containers) and let it set on the counter for 30 minutes before freezing.