Not sure if this is a new product, but I got a sample of Ball Simple Creations No Cook Freezer Jam Fruit Pectin at Wal-Mart along with some recipes. More info at www.freshpreserving.com
- Stir sugar and contents of package in a bowl until well blended.
- Add 4 cups crushed fruit (for peaches, reduce to 3 1/2 cups). Stir 3 minutes.
- Ladle jam into clean plastic (or glass)freezer jars.
- Twist on lids and let stand until thickened, about 30 minutes.
- Refrigerate up to 3 weeks or freeze up to 1 year.
- NOTE: Fresh strawberries: 4 (1 lb) pkgs Frozen Strawberries: 3 (12 oz) bags.
- Fresh Peaches: 12 medium.
- Frozen Peaches: 3 (16 oz) bags.
- Fresh Raspberries: 6 (6 oz) pkgs.
- Frozen Raspberies: 3 (12 oz) bags.
I Love Love this recipe for freezer Jam the 30 min ball pectin in this recipe is so great my family loves it made Raspberry and Strawberry Jam. Going to make blueberry as soon as the blueberry is in season. For those trying to figure out how to convert from the ounces to cups for the pectin I measured out the last package I had and it is a 1/3 Cup pectin. I could not get the package anymore had to get the tub container that says make 15 batches but had one last package so I measured it out. The rest of the batches I made came out just like the first ones I had made... Hope that helps other as far as the measurements go for the pectin..
This is the most amazing, easiest way to make brilliantly colored, fresh tasting jam in minutes. I have slaved over kettles of boiling fruit and sugar only to have hit and miss results...testing jam for doneness on freezer cold plates! This jam sits for thirty minutes in an unsterilized jar and then goes into the freezer. What could be simpler. I'm a convert to Ball's Simple Creations No Cook Freezer Jam Pectin.
I just started making jams for the first time this past spring. I love this recipe in the fact that it doesn't use as much sugar as the normal pectin recipes included in the box require. A great alternative and so easy/peasy. I made peach BTW:-) Made as a recipenap for Veg-n-Swap~