Recipe by mailbelle
I've never tried to cook divinity, but I've heard stories about others trying and failing, so when I saw this recipe I had to post it for safe-keeping. Cooking time is the drying time overnight. Haven't tried it yet---I bought a box of old Quick Cooking magazines at a flea market and am posting the recipes I want to keep as I go through them.
Top Review by Kathie's Kafe
This is the recipe I always use and it works perfectly for me. Everybody loves it. However you cannot make this when the weather is humid. I was going to make this Christmas again this year but I can no longer find the frosting mix.
- 1 (7 1/4 ounce) package white frosting mix (the powdered mix in a box, NOT the canned frosting)
- 1⁄3 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (16 ounce) package confectioners' sugar
- 6 tablespoons hot water
- 1 cup chopped nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the frosting mix, corn syrup, 2 tablespoons boiling water and vanilla. Beat on high speed for 5 minutes.
- Gradually add sugar, 6 tablespoons hot water and nuts; mix well.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto waxed paper. Let stand at room temperature overnight or until dry to the touch. Store in an airtight container.