Recipe by Mirj
This is really addictive, and the hardest part is waiting for the candy to dry before attacking.
Top Review by Loves-2-Cook
This did not work for me at all. Made exactly as directed. Stiff peaks never formed so against better judgment I added the 2 c. of powdered sugar anyway. That was a waste. It looks like powdered sugar icing not divinity. It does not taste good either or I would have kept it to ice cookies with. Was hoping to cut corners but after all this it would have just been easier to make the cook kind. Thank you anyway.
- 1 Betty Crocker fluffy white frosting mix
- 1⁄3 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 1 (16 ounce) package confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup chopped nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine frosting mix(dry), corn syrup, vanilla and boiling water in a small bowl.
- Beat on highest speed until stiff peaks form, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a large mixing bowl, on low speed gradually blend in sugar.
- Stir in nuts.
- Drop by spoonfuls on wax paper.
- When outside of candy feels firm, turn over and allow to dry at least 12 hours.
- Store in an air tight container.