Recipe by Chef Dudo
Had some mascarpone cheese left and didn't want to let it get so old that I would have to throw it away. Couldn't sleep and thought this "concoction" could be nice. Must say it was a success.
Top Review by Phantom2010
This is awesome and really easy. The version I made is low carb and sugar free. I melted unsweetened chocolate on defrost in the microwave. I used ground almonds and a few tablespoons of splenda instead of the cookies, and Davinci German chocolate cake sugar free syrup instead of orange liqueur. I also used light mascapone. Oh my gosh this is really tasty - thank you for posting it!
- 8 italian almond cookies
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur
- 7 ounces dark chocolate
- 9 ounces mascarpone cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a 4 cup loaf pan with clingfilm.
- Break and crumble the cookies.
- Mix with the orangeliqeur and let it soak.
- Melt the chocolate au bain marie (in a pan above a pan with simmering water).
- Let the chocolate slightly cool.
- Mix the chocolate with the mascarpone and the soaked cookies.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Let it stiffen in the refridgerator for at least 2 hours.
- Slice (with a wet knife) and serve with lemonsauce or whipped cream or just eat it as it is.