Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a recipe from Southern Living that I just tried today and it has an excellent flavor. It is so simple and easy and it doesn't taste like milk from a can. Also, I used Chocolate Syrup Chocolate Syrup as I didn't have any on hand.
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 cups chocolate milk, whole
- 2⁄3 cup chocolate syrup
- Whisk all ingredients in a 2-quart pitcher or large bowl until blended. Cover and chill 30 minutes.
- Pour milk mixture into freezer container of a 1-quart electric ice-cream maker, and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. (Instructions and times will vary.).
- Remove container with ice cream from ice-cream maker, and place in freezer 15 minutes. Transfer to an airtight container; freeze until firm, about 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Overall time is approximate for freezing in your maker and firming in the freezer.
This was very good! easy to make- my 2 year old got to help mix. I used Hershey chocolate syrup and was told that this was one of the best tasting home made chocolate ice creams one guest ever had- very chocolatey! Thanks for sharing.
Very Good! This is an easy recipe that turns out great. It is a very rich and creamy ice cream which my whole family loved. Thanks