Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Chocolate covered graham cookies and cherry pie filling make this an easy but delightfully delish dessert :) This is great to bring to gatherings, but keep in mind it has to chill for at least 12 hours (not included in time). Enjoy!!
- 1 lb chocolate-covered graham cracker cookies, crushed (about 56 cookies)
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 envelopes whipped dessert topping mix (Dream Whip)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cans cherry pie filling
- Reserve 1/4 cup of crushed cookies and set aside.
- Combine the remainging cookies with the melted butter and spread into a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine whipped topping mixes, vanilla and milk and beat on low speed until blended.
- Beat on high for 5 minutes or until thickened.
- Add cream cheese and beat until smooth.
- Spread over cookie crust and carefully top with cherry pie filling.
- Sprinkle with reserved cookie crumbs.
- Chill for at least 12 hours before serving.
This was delicious and very easy "except the 12 hour chill" LOL Took it to family BBQ and every enjoyed it. And the funny thing, I have the same exact recipe in TOH cookbook, and here I spent time looking up in Zaar's when I could have just opened up the cookbook :rolleyes: Thank you for posting :) and will make again!
YUUUUMMMMMMMMMM What else can I say! The cookie crust was awesome! Very simple to make. I am saving this one! Thanks Karen=^..^=
tried it, family loves it! It is very simple to make but very delicious!