Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Quick & tasty pasta. You might ask how can the sauce be no-cook? Mix the ingredients in a heatproof bowl and set it aside to warm to room temperature OR place it over the pasta pot to warm while heating the water, removing once the water starts to boil. All you cook is the pasta. Several years ago I bought a cookbook called “No-Cook Pasta Sauces” by Joie Warner which mysteriously disappeared. My DH just found it behind the bookcase when he started remodeling our kitchen - hurray!
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream (at room temperature)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 8 ounces extra-sharp cheddar cheese, grated (at room temperature)
- 12 ounces pasta (ziti, rigati, fusilli, linguini or spaghetti)
- 3 green onions, chopped (green tops only) (optional)
- black pepper (optional)
- Whisk cream, dijon mustard, cayenne, salt and cayenne pepper in pasta serving bowl.
- Stir in cheese.
- Set aside to warm up (use a method described above).
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling, salted water until al dente.
- Drain pasta and immediately add to sauce in bowl.
- Sprinkle with green onions and toss.
- Serve at once and pass the peppermill.