Kat's Mom's Note:
Quick & tasty pasta. You might ask how can the sauce be no-cook? Mix the ingredients in a heatproof bowl and set it aside to warm to room temperature OR place it over the pasta pot to warm while heating the water, removing once the water starts to boil. All you cook is the pasta. Several years ago I bought a cookbook called “No-Cook Pasta Sauces” by Joie Warner which mysteriously disappeared. My DH just found it behind the bookcase when he started remodeling our kitchen - hurray!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (at room temperature)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 8 ounces extra-sharp cheddar cheese, grated (at room temperature)
- 12 ounces pasta (ziti, rigati, fusilli, linguini or spaghetti)
- 3 green onions, chopped (green tops only) (optional)
- black pepper (optional)
- 1Whisk cream, dijon mustard, cayenne, salt and cayenne pepper in pasta serving bowl.
- 2Stir in cheese.
- 3Set aside to warm up (use a method described above).
- 4Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling, salted water until al dente.
- 5Drain pasta and immediately add to sauce in bowl.
- 6Sprinkle with green onions and toss.
- 7Serve at once and pass the peppermill.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for No-Cook Cheddar Cheese Sauce Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (188 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 651.0
- Calories from Fat 280
- Total Fat 31.2 g
- Saturated Fat 19.0 g
- Cholesterol 100.2 mg
- Sodium 700.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 26.0 g