Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe came from the mother of one of my daughter's classmates. The colour is a little strange if you use the fresh basil, but it is pretty tasty. It calls for one clove of garlic, but sometimes I use two to kick it up a notch. Remember, the garlic is raw so it will be more intense in flavour.
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil leaves or 1 -2 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 -2 clove garlic
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canchunky tomatoes
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream or 1⁄3 cup fat free sour cream (I use fat free)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Place ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour over freshly cooked pasta and warm up.
- Freezes well.