Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I tried looking for the "perfect" brownie recipe, but they all were not to my expectations, they either had too much or too little of something. I think I found a good balance with the ingredients which is sure to deliver you the most rich "can't stop eating them" brownies. Please feel free to make suggestions and offer advice for alterations.
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted, Country Crock spread can be substituted
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix sugar, melted butter, and vanilla.
- Add in the eggs, one at a time.
- Stir in flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Combine well.
- Spoon into greased 9" x 13" pan and bake for 30 minutes. Keep an eye on it since cooking times vary. Use an 8 x8 in pan for thicker brownies.
I doubled the recipe and put it in a 9 x 13 pan.... The PERFECT brownie!!!.. You just want to eat and eat them!!!....Thank You!!!
This is a very interesting yet delicious brownie recipe. It calls for only 1/4 cup melted butter so the batter is very thick, and the finished brownies (I baked mine in an 8-inch pan for 20 minutes) have a nice crackly top, but the crackle is very thick and not shiny, unlike typical brownies. However, they are absolutely delicious, chewy and fudgy, and remind me of the best boxed brownies (which was always my goal - to make homemade brownies that are as chewy and tasty as box mix brownies). However, I just wanted to double check - is the 1/4 cup of melted butter correct, or is it supposed to be 1/3 or 1/2 cup? Thanks for posting this recipe!
Delicious brownies! Chewy, fudgy brownie goodness. They are incredibly simple to make. I went ahead and baked them in a 9x13 pan. I think I would like them a little thicker next time so I'll go the 8x8 route. Thanks for posting this great recipe!