Recipe by jimf57
This is a fast way to prepare ice cream when you don't have the time. Make it before work and it will be ready for dinner!
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mint extract
- 5 drops green food coloring
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup mint chocolate chips, chopped (I use Andes chocolate mint candy.)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, whisk together sweetened condensed milk, vanilla extract, mint extract and green food coloring until blended.
- In a separate large bowl, beat whipping cream until soft peaks form. Fold the whipping cream into the first bowl. Then, fold in chips or candy.
- Transfer mixture to a 1/2 gallon freezer-safe dish. Place in the freezer and chill until firm, at least 6 hours.