Recipe by Ann Marie F
Recipe from Penseys Spices Christmas 2008. I haven't made these but I want it in my cookbook so I'm posting it. The description says"What would the holidays be without cutout cookies? Decorating cookies with your children or a group of friends will always create memories. These cookies are especially quick and easy because you don't have to chill the dough before rolling." Frost with Vanilla Frosting for Cutout Cookies,
- 1 cup butter, softened (2 sticks)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add the egg and vanilla, mix until well blended.
- In a separate bowl sift together the flour and and baking powder.
- Then graduadually add it to the butter mixture and blend well.
- Form the dough in to a smooth ball.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface to 1/8 to 1/4" thick.
- Cut out with cookie cutters and place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Fill each sheet with cookies of equal size to ensure even baking.
- Bake 6 minutes (a bit longer for thicker cookies).
- They shouldn't brown at all.
- Remove from cookie sheets and cool on wire wracks
- Decorate as desired when cool.