Ann Marie F's Note:
Recipe from Penseys Spices Christmas 2008. I haven't made these but I want it in my cookbook so I'm posting it. The description says"What would the holidays be without cutout cookies? Decorating cookies with your children or a group of friends will always create memories. These cookies are especially quick and easy because you don't have to chill the dough before rolling." Frost with Vanilla Frosting for Cutout Cookies,
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400.
- 2Cream together the butter and sugar.
- 3Add the egg and vanilla, mix until well blended.
- 4In a separate bowl sift together the flour and and baking powder.
- 5Then graduadually add it to the butter mixture and blend well.
- 6Form the dough in to a smooth ball.
- 7Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface to 1/8 to 1/4" thick.
- 8Cut out with cookie cutters and place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- 9Fill each sheet with cookies of equal size to ensure even baking.
- 10Bake 6 minutes (a bit longer for thicker cookies).
- 11They shouldn't brown at all.
- 12Remove from cookie sheets and cool on wire wracks
- 13Decorate as desired when cool.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for No-Chill Cutout Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (865 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 321.4
- Calories from Fat 144
- Total Fat 16.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 58.3 mg
- Sodium 175.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 16.8 g
- Protein 3.9 g