Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
A staple weeknight dinner from my childhood. Very easy and cheap to make. My mother used diced pork fat, but this is healthier, and the smokiness of the bacon is perfect with the tomatoes.
- Cook macaroni according to directions.
- I like to overcook it for this recipe.
- While pasta is cooking, saute bacon pieces.
- Drain some fat, if there is a lot.
- Add onion, then garlic a couple of minutes later.
- Add chopped tomatoes, salt and pepper.
- Drain macaroni, add to tomatoes.
- Add enough of the reserved tomato juice to moisten nicely.
- Keep juice to moisten leftovers the next day.
- Soooo easy and comforting.