A staple weeknight dinner from my childhood. Very easy and cheap to make. My mother used diced pork fat, but this is healthier, and the smokiness of the bacon is perfect with the tomatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook macaroni according to directions.
- 2I like to overcook it for this recipe.
- 3While pasta is cooking, saute bacon pieces.
- 4Drain some fat, if there is a lot.
- 5Add onion, then garlic a couple of minutes later.
- 6Add chopped tomatoes, salt and pepper.
- 7Drain macaroni, add to tomatoes.
- 8Add enough of the reserved tomato juice to moisten nicely.
- 9Keep juice to moisten leftovers the next day.
- 10Soooo easy and comforting.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for No-Chew Macaroni and Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (154 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 428.9
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 14.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 20.5 mg
- Sodium 261.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 13.8 g