When we started looking for healthier ways to eat I had to make some changes to my staple recipes. My mom used to make this with a bag and a half of shredded cheese, white pasta and no veggies. We really enjoy this new version with whole wheat pasta, and seasoned wheat breadcrumbs. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat rotini
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup (I use the healthy request)
- 2 (16 ounce) light chunk tuna in water, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can peas
- 1 (8 ounce) can carrots
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter (I use smart balance butter blends)
- 1 cup dry whole wheat breadcrumbs (seasoned if desired)
- salt, to taste
- 1Preheat Oven to 350.
- 2Boil Rotini to desired doneness and Drain.
- 3Stir in mushroom soup, tuna, peas, carrots (or other veggies) oregano, garlic and black pepper.
- 4Mix in 1/4-1/2 Cup Breadcrumbs.
- 5Pour into Casserole Dish.
- 6Mix remaining breadcrumbes and butter.
- 7Top Casserole with mixture and bake until topping begins to brown.
- 8Allow to sit 5-10 min before serving.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for No Cheese Tuna Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (257 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 390.2
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 41.7 mg
- Sodium 785.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 37.9 g