Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Yummy recipe that's nice and nutty, and delicious on crackers! Great if you are trying to ease up on dairy foods. Got this from the book 'May All Be Fed : Diet For a New World.' This book says it's also great on pizza but I haven't tried that yet. I cut the recipe in half for myself, and I have plenty for the week.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small red pepper, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups raw cashews
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil or 1⁄4 cup safflower oil
- 1 tablespoon Braggs liquid aminos
- Heat olive oil in a small fry pan over medium heat.
- Add bell pepper and cook till tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Put pepper and all remaining ingredients in a blender (I used my food processor) and blend till smooth.
- Will keep up to a week in the frig.
Delicious! I served with carrots and red bell pepper strips. Loved it. Thanks for posting!