1/2 Photos of No-Cheese Pizza
Vegan pizza made without any cheese.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 300 g self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup warm water (75ml)
- 130 ml water
- 400 g tomatoes, chopped
- 3 tablespoons tomato puree
- 100 g oyster mushrooms
- 1 medium aubergine
- 5 -6 pitted black olives
- 150 g fresh pineapple
- 1 medium red onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon black bean sauce
- dried basil
- salt and pepper
- 1Add the sugar and warm water to the yeast in a cup. Stir until the yeast and sugar is completely dissolved.
- 2Leave to stand for 5 minutes or until the yeast rises.
- 3Add the yeast to the flour in a mixing bowl.
- 4Add the water and knead until a dough is formed. (Be careful while adding the water and check the consistency of the dough before adding more. It will be difficult to handle a watery dough.).
- 5Dust a board with flour and roll the dough flat just slightly larger than the size of the pizza tray.
- 6Sprinkle some flour on a 30 cm pizza tray.
- 7Loosely wrap the dough around the rolling pin to transfer it to the tray.
- 8Cover with a cloth and leave to stand in a warm place for about 20 minutes.
- 9Preheat over at 180 degrees Celsius.
- 10In the meantime, slice the aubergine about 5 mm thick.
- 11Add the black bean sauce to the sliced aubergines. Mix well.
- 12In a frying pan add 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- 13Add the aubergines and stir to coat them in the oil. Cover and allow to cook on medium heat until half cooked, turning occasionally. Be careful not to burn them, they can scorch quite easily!
- 14Remove from the pan; set aside.
- 15In the same pan, add the chopped tomatoes. Allow to reduce a little bit for 2-3 minutes, mashing the tomatoes slightly to a semi-puree. Add salt.
- 16By this time the dough would have risen.
- 17Place the dough in the oven to pre-cook for 12 minutes.
- 18In the meantime, cut the mushrooms and pineapples into small pieces (how small or big depends on how you prefer them to be!).
- 19Slice the onion into rings.
- 20Cut the pitted olives in half.
- 21Remove pizza dough from the oven and lay on a stand.
- 22Start by spreading a layer of the tomato sauce on the dough.
- 23Sprinkle with some dried basil.
- 24Arrange the aubergines.
- 25Arrange the mushrooms, olives, pineapple and red onion.
- 26Sprinkle a few spoonfuls of tomato puree on top.
- 27Add some cracked pepper.
- 28Put in the oven for 20 minutes.
- 29Remove, slice and serve.
Browse Our Top European Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for No-Cheese Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (467 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 426.7
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1018.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.2 g
- Sugars 12.0 g
- Protein 11.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
black bean sauce