Prep 40 mins
Cook 20 mins
Vegan pizza made without any cheese.
Make and share this No-Cheese Pizza recipe from Food.com.
- 300 g self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup warm water (75ml)
- 130 ml water
- 400 g tomatoes, chopped
- 3 tablespoons tomato puree
- 100 g oyster mushrooms
- 1 medium aubergine
- 5 -6 pitted black olives
- 150 g fresh pineapple
- 1 medium red onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon black bean sauce
- dried basil
- salt and pepper
- Add the sugar and warm water to the yeast in a cup. Stir until the yeast and sugar is completely dissolved.
- Leave to stand for 5 minutes or until the yeast rises.
- Add the yeast to the flour in a mixing bowl.
- Add the water and knead until a dough is formed. (Be careful while adding the water and check the consistency of the dough before adding more. It will be difficult to handle a watery dough.).
- Dust a board with flour and roll the dough flat just slightly larger than the size of the pizza tray.
- Sprinkle some flour on a 30 cm pizza tray.
- Loosely wrap the dough around the rolling pin to transfer it to the tray.
- Cover with a cloth and leave to stand in a warm place for about 20 minutes.
- Preheat over at 180 degrees Celsius.
- In the meantime, slice the aubergine about 5 mm thick.
- Add the black bean sauce to the sliced aubergines. Mix well.
- In a frying pan add 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add the aubergines and stir to coat them in the oil. Cover and allow to cook on medium heat until half cooked, turning occasionally. Be careful not to burn them, they can scorch quite easily!
- Remove from the pan; set aside.
- In the same pan, add the chopped tomatoes. Allow to reduce a little bit for 2-3 minutes, mashing the tomatoes slightly to a semi-puree. Add salt.
- By this time the dough would have risen.
- Place the dough in the oven to pre-cook for 12 minutes.
- In the meantime, cut the mushrooms and pineapples into small pieces (how small or big depends on how you prefer them to be!).
- Slice the onion into rings.
- Cut the pitted olives in half.
- Remove pizza dough from the oven and lay on a stand.
- Start by spreading a layer of the tomato sauce on the dough.
- Sprinkle with some dried basil.
- Arrange the aubergines.
- Arrange the mushrooms, olives, pineapple and red onion.
- Sprinkle a few spoonfuls of tomato puree on top.
- Add some cracked pepper.
- Put in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove, slice and serve.