Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a recipe my Dad uses and my friend Doug. It can be adapted to make breakfast sausage also. It is easy to make, and make it any time of the year from frozen-thawed meat when the mood strikes the cook.
- 2 lbs ground venison, burger
- 1 lb beef burgers or 1 lb ground buffalo meat, burger
- 1 lb ground pork, sausage
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 2 cups water
- 4 tablespoons quick cure salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder or 1 teaspoon use fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- 2 tablespoons mustard seeds
- NOTE THE MARINATE TIME IS NOT INCLUDED IN PREP & COOKING TIME.
- Mix together all ingredients in bowl,.
- Cover with press and seal refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Divide into 4 even portions, roll out into a 2 inch rolls.
- Wrap in foil, around the meat, twist the ends.
- Repeat with the other 3 portions.
- Bake for 1 hour at 350°F on cookie sheet.
- Remove from oven and let cool until you can handle them.
- Cut and wrap to size you wish.
- Makes 4- 1 pound loaves or 8- 1/2 lb loaves.
- Notes: To make breakfast sausage omit beef and use pork sausage, can also use Italian breakfast sausage instead of just plain pork sausage.
- I like more mustard seed than this recipe calls for, can also add crushed red pepper, just spice to your own likings. Servings depend on how hungry you are !