1/5 Photos of No Carb Spinach Bread
A low carber's dream come true! I saw this on the "Today" show and was intrigued. This came from the "Taste of Home" website. I haven't made this yet, but definitely plan too! I'm guessing this is more like a polenta than a bread. Note cook time and servings are for the smaller version, not the loaf.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1There are two ways to make this: in a glass baking dish or tripling the recipe and baking it in a loaf pan.
- 2It takes longer to cook in the loaf pan, but you end up with a whole loaf of bread that you can slice and freeze.
- 3Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 4Butter an 8x8-inch glass baking dish.
- 5Mix together spinach, eggs, and garlic.
- 6Season with salt and pepper.
- 7Pour into prepared pan.
- 8Bake for 15 minutes or until mixture has set.
- 9Allow to cool slightly.
- 10Cut into 4 squares.
- 11Use a spatula to remove squares from pan.
- 12Refrigerate or freeze until ready to use.
- 13To make a whole loaf of this bread, triple the ingredients and pour into a well buttered loaf pan.
- 14Place loaf pan on a baking sheet and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes at 350°F.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for No Carb Spinach Bread
Serving Size: 1 (121 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 92.3
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 186.0 mg
- Sodium 123.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 8.8 g