Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
A different twist on an old favorite. If you want the try a smoked chicken from Ray's, you can contact them to see if they will ship. It is excellent. http://www.raysprimefoods.com/
- 6 green peppers
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, from a rotisserie chicken, shredded (I use a smoked chicken)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained (I used diced with green chilies)
- 4 ounces mushrooms, diced
- 1 (8 ounce) bagshredded mexican cheese
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cut the tops off the peppers, and remove the seeds. Cook peppers in boiling water for 5 minutes; drain.
- Put the chicken, black beans, tomatos, mushrooms, 4 oz of the cheese and the seasonings in a large bowl and toss until mixed.
- Preheat oven to 350 and spray a baking dish with Pam.
- Arrange the peppers in the baking dish and stuff generously with the mixture from the bowl.
- Top the stuffed peppers with the remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.