Prep 7 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a real good, low calorie sauce to use over vegetables.
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 dash pepper
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons water
- In a saucepan, combine the first six ingredients.
- Stir in milk and water until smooth.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened and bubbly.
- Serve over hot cooked vegetables.
Very good sauce! I added a little bit of shredded cheese. Will be a keeper in my cookbook! Thx
Made this for PAC Spring 2008 and WOW! DH would only eat steamed veggies (California Blend) with lots of Hidden Valley Ranch dressing over them. He now has a new favorite topping for his veggies. This was easy to make and the recipe is easy to follow. I love that is it LOW calorie! Much better than the HVRD. I will now be making this often and recommending it to others as well! Thanks Borealis Beegirl!