Very peanutty, soft cookies. You may need to adjust the amount of liquid depending on the flour you use. I use 1/3 whole wheat and 2/3 white. I use soy milk however any milk or milk-like product will work, I think. If you're going to add dark chocolate chips, increase the sugar by 2 Tablespoons. Careful baking results in soft cookies just lightly browned on the bottom.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Crush peanuts into small bits with a rolling pin. Roast for 8 - 12 minutes, stirring a couple of times.
- Use a fork to mix flour and soda together in a bowl.
- In another bowl mix egg, sugar and liquid.
- Mix in peanut butter with egg mixture.
- Mix in peanut bits and chocolate chips (if you're using them) with egg mixture.
- Mix flour and egg mixtures together.
- Roll into small balls between your palms and flatten with a floured fork on a greased cookie sheet, or push a large chocolate wafer into the top of the ball, flattening the ball in the process.
- Bake 12 on a cookie sheet at a time as far from the edges of the cookie sheet as possible.
- Bake 9 1/2 minutes
- Cool on wire rack.