Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
For anyone that is looking for a healthier version of banana bread try this recipe! There is not fat :)
- 1 1⁄2 cups of all natural plain yogurt (Drain for 3-4 hours in cheesecloth)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons applesauce
- 4 large very well ripened bananas (almost all brown)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup nuts (optional)
- Drain the plain yogurt for 3-4 hours. It needs to be the same kind of consistency as either crisco or butter.
- Mix together the yogurt, sugar, eggs, vanilla, and applesauce to a creamy consistency.
- Mix together the dry ingredients. Flour, baking soda, salt.
- Slowly add the dry mix into the yogurt mix. Stir until it is smooth.
- Add in bananas and only mix for about 30 seconds or until all the bananas are broken up. The mix should remain chunky from the bananas.
- Bake @ 350 for 50 minutes in a greased bread pan or 22 minutes in a greased muffin pan.
Hi there, I decided to make these into muffins as I can take them to work and will go round easier. I made half with nuts and half without. A very inventive recipe with no fat. Next time I make them I will use wholemeal flour, I think that would make a nice change. lovely muffins. Thanks for posting. Made for PAC Spring 2010