Recipe by ellie3763
from, ironically, the blog "Butter and Sugar" http://www.butterandsugar.org
Top Review by pepememe
I don't leave reviews on recipes because there's usually a lot so there's no need for me to but... I signed up and decided to leave a review because it's just THAT good. I haven't baked Banana Bread for a long time and I had no butter so I googled, "Butterless Banana Bread" and I found this recipe and decided to give it a go after reading reviews. I decided to add chopped Walnuts and chocolate chips cut from chocolate truffles and it was HEAVENLY. I decided to put in half white sugar and half honey powder just to have it a bit more healthier and it tasted just lovely! I love that this recipe isn't too sweet! Probably the best Butterless Banana Bread out there!!! I TOTALLY RECOMMEND THIS RECIPE!!! :D
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat overn to 325. Grease a loaf pan.
- Mash the bananas in a large bowl and add the sugar.
- Whisk in the eggs.
- Sift in the dry ingredients. Stir until just combined.
- Bake for about 1 hour or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Allow to stand and cool for 15 minutes before removing from the pan.