Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
My family loves this recipe. I use perdue perfect portions boneless skinless breasts and ragu extra meat spaghetti sauce when making this. This is quick and easy to make. There are never any leftovers.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- spaghetti sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups 2% shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Combine parmesan cheese, parsley, basil and oregano in a baggie.
- Wash each breast with water and put in cheese mixture.
- Spray 11 x 13 pan wih olive oil cooking spray.
- Make sure each piece is coated with cheese and place each breast in pan and dump remaining cheese mixture on top.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes until chicken is done.
- Top with spaghetti sauce and then add mozzarella cheese.
- Bake unitl cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.
- Serve with a side of spaghetti, salad and garlic bread.
This was really simple and the cooking time was perfect. The only thing I noticed was that some pieces of chicken got more of the herbs than the other pieces. I think next time I will just coat the chicken with the parmesan and then sprinkle the herbs over the chicken separately to make sure they all get flavored well.
I made this dish this evening. I cut the recipe by 2/3 (2 chicken breasts). The cooking time remained the same. I simply cut all listed ingredient by 2/3, except for the seasonings. I actually used 1tbsp of oregano and basil each, in addition to another tbsp of Italian seasoning. What can I Say? I like seasoning! To get the Parmesan to stick, coat the chicken right after you rinse it. The moisture will help the cheese stay on perfectly, then place directly into the dish before it has anytime to fall off. I use about 1c of sauce for 2 6.5oz breasts and it was plenty.
This was so easy to make, and it was yummy! I used Prego Fresh Mushroom spaghetti sauce on this. I'll bet the spaghetti sauce makes all the difference between "good" and "WOW". The only difficulty I had in making the recipe, is that it was hard for the shredded parmesan to "coat" the chicken, it didn't really stick to it unless I smashed it into the chicken. :) But it still tasted good, so that's all right! Thanks for the yummy and easy recipe bmcnichol!